Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July BBQ

We had a great time over at the Mann's house for a 4th of July BBQ. We swam and had good burgers. Colton has a lot of fun watching Luke run around. Luke shows Colton all kinds of tricks, like running and putting the basketball into the hoop.

Nick and I got home around 8:00 and we all layed down. I went outside around 9:00 to watch the different fireworks shows that could be seen in the distance. Nick was too tired to get up (party pooper). So, I enjoyed it with our next door neighbors. How things have changed with a child...I can remember when the 4th was such a big deal! Some of my best memories are from the 4th of July in high school, spending the night out at the beach and then in college. Ahh..memories. And I can't leave out the times with my girls, Lena and Allison, down in Santa Monica. You too, Gabe! Yes, indeed the 4th of July has been forever changed. It won't be long before we can head to the beach for fireworks like we used to as a family...and then not too much longer when I'll be the nervous mom with my child at the beach with his friends!!!










Nick and Larry are getting the floor done...it looks AMAZING!!! Colton has been in on the action as well. Papa has shown him how to hammer the floor down with the rubber mallet. He loves it! I'll post pictures soon!

No comments: