Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Update

Ahh... What a week.

My dad's surgery went very well. The doctor was able to remove the kidney and tumor completely from the front side (there was worry he might have to go through the back). It was a clean sweep as well, meaning that the entire tumor was encapusulated and removed with nothing left behind.

Recovery has not been as easy. My dad is in A LOT of pain. He's having a hard time keeping his liquid diet down (apple juice, tea, broth) and not able to stand or sit yet. It's hard to see him in such a vulnerable state. I don't think he'll be leaving the hospital as quickly as first thought. Which is a good thing too...round the clock nurses (who happen to be young and cute) isn't a bad thing. He needs to progress to keeping food down, moving on to more solid foods, sitting up, and walking before he can leave.

Keep praying. It is so appreciated!

On another note, Colton has started a cough this week and went to the doctor today. He has RSV. Not a huge deal for toddlers (as opposed to babies) but he is sick and feverish. Poor guy. I'm back home with him today, Nick is staying home tomorrow (so I can at least get to work one day this week!) and I'll be home again with him on Friday.

Ahhh..

I'm tired.

Thanks for the continued prayers and support!

1 comment:

Kristi Williams said...

Sorry to hear about your dad and Colton. I hope they both get to feeling better soon!