Sunday, August 17, 2008

Twas the Night Before First Grade

Twas the night before First Grade
when the teacher was stressing,
Why she decided to change grade levels,
That, she was still guessing.
Her classroom was decorated,
Her plans were done,
Yet she was still so nervous
About when they would come.
She anticipated some crying
And maybe wet pants too,
Again, why was it she left
The grade she so thoroughly knew?
And so she thought
She must sign onto her blog
Because after tomorrow,
She would surely be in a fog.

Sorry it's been SO long since a post! I even have pictures of our trip to San Diego and my good friend, Lena's, fabulous restaurant! I promise they are coming. I've been swamped getting ready for tomorrow. And so NERVOUS! I promise to update more this week and include some long-awaited pictures. Love to you all!

2 comments:

Mann Family said...

So true!!! I guess we can't be much more prepared for a new grade!

Lewis Family said...

When did you have time to come up with such a cute poem? I think you need to print it up and put it in your classroom. Good luck tomorrow, and I think being a mom now you are more than qualified to handle the crying, vomit, poo, pee, etc. You'll be fine!!!